I love doing my bit for charity so when I saw that the children’s cancer charity CLIC Sargent are calling on all Yummy Mummies out there to get together and hold a Yummy Mummy coffee morning to raise money for the charity I couldn’t resist.
The charity are asking mummies to hold events, no matter how big or small between 10th and 18th March so I am opening my doors to my lovely mummy friends and hosting a coffee morning of my own. I am really looking forward to it and will of course be writing a post event update!
At present however I am calling to all the other mummies out there to jump on board and host your own event to help raise money for this fantastic cause!
Every day 10 families are told their child has cancer. As the UK’s leading children’s cancer charity, CLIC Sargent is the only organisation to offer them all round care and support. That’s because they’re there every step of the way:
During treatment – providing specialist nurses, play specialists, Homes from Home
In hospital & at home – offering specialist social care and support in the community – services for young people, holidays, grants
After treatment – helping survivors, supporting those bereaved
I was shocked to hear that every day 10 families receive that news, it must be heartbreaking to receive such news and I can’t even begin to imagine how I would feel or cope. However to read that 8 out of 10 children now survive cancer and that charities like CLIC Sargent are out there offers some form of reassurance that work is being done and people have someone to turn to.
However without support charities like this can’t continue to provide the services they do. If between 10th and 18th March you can take a couple of hours of your time to bake some cakes, put the kettle on and have your friends round or set up a stall at work and raise even a small amount, you will be making a huge difference to those who need it most!
- Clic Sargent and the Yummy Mummys (ghostwritermummy.wordpress.com)
- Yummy Mummy Writing prompts week one! (ghostwritermummy.wordpress.com)
- #dosomethingyummy guest post (ghostwritermummy.wordpress.com)
- Life as a sibling of a child with Cancer (aspergersinfo.wordpress.com)
- Surviving: #dosomethingyummy (northernmum.wordpress.com)
- #dosomethingyummy I am a survivor (ghostwritermummy.wordpress.com)
- Young cancer patients will be pushed into poverty by Government welfare cuts, charity warns (mirror.co.uk)